Outcrop has an immediate opening for a front end developer and themer to join our team of web professionals. This position is based in our flagship office in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada.
The position involves:
- Minimum three years of experience as a front end website developer and themer, OR
- A related degree or advanced diploma from an accredited institution with a minimum of one year of experience as a dev/themer at a web development firm
- Thorough knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 (preferably using Sass/SCSS)
- Strong experience in responsive theming and mobile website challenges
- Knowledge of the Drupal and Wordpress CMSes (implementation, coding and theming)
- Strong skills in Photoshop, image optimization, and other graphical tools and processes
- Experience in cross-browser and cross-platform testing and troubleshooting
The following is not required, but would be considered an asset:
- Prototyping, UI/UX/UD, and design skills
- Multilingual website theming and setup
- Experience creating mailing list templates (MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, etc.)
- Command-line experience with a UNIX-based OS such as Linux or *BSD
- Usage of a standard version control system (git, Subversion, CVS, etc.)
- Creation of mobile applications for iOS and Android
Annual Salary: Commensurate with experience and skills. 7.5 hour days, 10 paid stat holidays plus 15 days paid vacation per year.
Benefits: Group Insurance, disability insurance, extended medical and dental plan, in addition to NWT Health Care, Group RRSP, and optional fitness membership assistance.
Please direct your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to:
Outcrop Communications Ltd.,
Suite 800, 4920 - 52 Street
Yellowknife, NT X1A 3T1 Canada